Goneaway suppression or goneaway screening as it may be known, is another method of cleaning your mailing database.
This is the process of identifying consumers who have moved house and either flagging or removing them from your cleansed data file. Using the Goneaway Suppression File (GAS), we are able to remove addresses where people are known to have moved, thus reducing the cost of postage and print in Direct Mail Campaigns.
The Goneaway Suppression File is formed from a number of major mailing companies, pooling their resources. There is a check though to ensure that people truly have moved and three different goneaways must be received, by different parties in order for the name to be registered on the GAS.
Below you can find some of the suppression services available
- NCOA (National Change of Address)
- GAS (Gone Away Suppression)
- USS (Universal Suppression Service)
- BCF (Business Change File)
- BSF (Business Suppression File)
- MPS (Mail Preference Service)
- TPS (Telephone Preference Service)
- FPS (Fax Preference Service)